The King’s compassionate forgiveness
The servant’s lack of mercy
The King’s painful judgment
The Point (Nimshal):
God will judge you if you don’t accept his
forgiveness demonstrated by forgiving others.
Group Discussion Questions
- Why is it so hard to accept God’s forgiveness? Why do people find it so hard to forgive others?
- How do you struggle with the two dimensions of forgiveness: Without using names, who have you found hard to forgive and why? How have you dealt with guilt over your own sin?
- How do you feel about the amazing mercy the compassionate King shows to the servant who owes him 10,000 bags of gold?
- ave you accepted God’s grace in Jesus Christ to forgive your sin? If you have, share the story of when you did this.
- Do you struggle with fully accepting God’s forgiveness of all your sin? How could Jesus’ story help you with your struggle?
- How have you been like the servant in refusing to forgive someone in your life who owes you or who hurt you?
- How do you feel about the King’s judgment on the unmerciful servant? What is the point Jesus is making about God’s judgment?
- What is the relationship between our forgiving others and God’s forgiveness of us?
- Who do you need to forgive? How can you do it?